The current library setup:
The proposed library learning commons setup:
Notable changes include:
- The conference rooms which were traditionally used for class use only will be group collaboration rooms for students or faculty and will be outfitted with all the needed technologies to allow for practice presentations, planning, collaboration, and other group needs.
- The Hawaiiana area will be the quiet area for computer usage or individual studying. In addition, there will be a tech help desk manned by a tech faculty member.
- The middle of the library will allow for collaboration by students and faculty at moderate volume.
- The Manga area will see the largest changes with the input of single couches for a relaxed atmosphere for reading and studying.
- The Manga books will then move out of the alcove and be near the collaboration area.