The current library setup:
The proposed library learning commons setup:
Notable changes include:
- The conference rooms which were traditionally used for meetings and classroom settings will be used for AR/VR as well as ZSPACE 3D computers.
- The fiction and non-fiction areas will be swapped and weeded, thus allowing for a STEAM area. Here eSports laptops, xBoxes, coding manipulatives, an art station and STEAM challenge will allow students to explore and learn!
- The middle of the library will allow for collaboration by students and faculty at moderate volume.
- The Manga area will have couches for a relaxed atmosphere for reading and studying.
- The Manga books will then move out of the alcove and be near the collaboration area.